Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 10 May 2019

Miniature vegetable garden in stitch.


Trying out my new camera that I had for my birthday. I have got the date stamp on it so will have to change that! Anyway I am making a miniature veg garden for an exhibition at the Guild Gallery in August called Grow your Own. First came the cabbages now I am planting carrots. It is fun to make something quite bonkers for a change.I intend to work the embroidery and then make a raised bed.
This is one I made a few years back complete with trellis so you get the idea.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "close-up". Your veggies are so cute and what a wonderful idea. You are so clever!! The stone walk and moss along with the trellis!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I made the one below in March 2014 when i was making a series of miniature gardens on box tops and to be put in box frames.They are good fun to make and the complete opposite to minimal artwork!

      Delete
  2. your veggie garden is a delight, love the fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mo. The trellis fence was on wire and soluble fabric.

      Delete
  3. The stitched garden is so appealing and yes, the fence is a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, everything is growing here, in the garden and on the embroidery hoop!

      Delete
  4. Oh my glory this is wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, just a little bit of nonsense! It makes me smile so I hoped it would other people too.

      Delete