Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Monday 20 May 2019

Field book- artists book.

 Back to the field book and the other side of the concertina. For pictures of the Winter side click on the label below. I made a pouch to keep the book in. It will have to be expensive so nice to have a bag to keep it in and for traveling to exhibitions.
 On the other side of the book I am drawing the wild flowers found in the margins of The Enormous Field. This is where the wildlife is found.Although I did see a Muntjac deer go into the oilseed rape yesterday. Good cover until it is cut. The larks must be nesting in there too.
 I started with cow parsley that is a wonderful margin plant. It leaves a lacy edge to all our lanes and no wonder it is also called Queen Anne's Lace.
Yesterday I drew cowslips. Quite a few about now but they must have been more numerous when country people made cowslip wine. I guess this side is Spring because I am drawing what is growing now. Perhaps I can follow that with a second book of Summer and Autumn in the Enormous Field.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a special project and I love the tiny work on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth I am so lucky to live here.

      Delete
  2. you live in such a beautiful place, this field book is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mo, I have put some pictures on my next post to show you the field edge at the moment.

      Delete