Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Saturday 8 December 2018

Rose hips and a landscape developing.

 The rose hips are finished- the next species in the hedgerow harvest.
 This week has been very wet and one late evening the light was amazing over the ridge of hills opposite so I did a quick sketch.
 Then I put together some fabric strips.
 then added colour, this is straight after I painted it.
 This when it had dried- very disappointing, the colour leached out of the fabric dyes.
 So I painted it again. Better but different colours. Will see if I like it enough to continue into stitch. I seem to have lots of work again on the go. I have so many ideas and never enough stitch time. Also Christmas seems to be heading this way at a pace. How did that happen so quickly? Hope you all enjoy the lead up to Christmas.


4 comments:

  1. beautiful work, love the leached version too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it wasn't what I had in mind - bright sunlight against a dark sky- try try again!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Mo on the "leached" version ... but I understand when something doesn't live up to your vision of what it was meant to be.

    Have you tried Inktense dye pencils? They might give you the color you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thanks, I have tried them and have a few colours. I was using silk dye paints and crayon-dache crayons. It is just a case of keep trying - I have an idea of strong abstract colours - it will work eventually.

      Delete