Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Monday 3 September 2018

West Country Quilt and Textile Show, Bristol.

On Friday I went to the Quilt and Textile Show in Bristol and helped steward on my friends stand. Their title was The Colours of Africa. A few pictures to give you a flavour.
They had some of the African textiles that had inspired them.
Deborah Pawle is a weaver,



Li Hewitt a quilter and embroiderer.

These little box houses were made by Carolyn Sibbald and on the Brunel Broderers stand.
It was a great show. Plenty to see, lots of space to sit down in and no pushing through the crowds to see the exhibits. Plenty of visitors but more spacious. I really can't stomach the London shows any more that crush you between small stands. But that is just me a country mouse I'm afraid rather than a town mouse!

2 comments: