Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Saturday 10 April 2021

Diving into Spring Embroidery


 

I have called this piece Diving into Spring. I started it in Spring last year so about time it was finished. it has a kestrel and spring flowers. The flowers I look for each year to mark the arrival of Spring. The first butterfly this year and last year was a peacock. The bluebells are later this year. It has been a colder Spring and very much long awaited. The images are drawn into my journal and then translated into stitch. My next exhibition is with The Glos |Guild of Craftsmen at Rodmarton Manor near Cirencester, Glos Sept 8th - 12th 2021 and I hope to have my journals on show when I am there as well as work for sale. It will be a huge exhibition inside and out in the gardens so do save the date.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, I love this it's beautiful and it's lovely to hear the background behind the work. I love seeing your sketchbook when you post pictures on your Instagram, they will be a real treat to see in real life. I am.sure the exhibition will be wonderful. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan. It will be quite a thing to exhibit again in September. Nerves and excitement buzzing!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a joyous celebration of spring!

    ReplyDelete