Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 22 April 2020

artists book - butterflies.

 So life goes on in lock down. We are allowed a daily walk for exercise and I have been looking out for wildlife as usual and working in my journal. I have decided to make a little concertina book of butterflies as I spot them. Tortoiseshell above, large white below- please forgive my shadow!


 This is abeginning- butterfly with foodplant - well you can't have one without the other so nurture those weeds and nettles! This is a 6 inch meditation square I am working on too.

6 comments:

  1. Boy, you have been very prolific. I really love the lovely sketches and watercolors in your perpetual journal and this new idea for a buterfly concertine book is great. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your butterflies are so true to life ... and I still treasure the little matchbox butterflies that flew from your hand to our home several years back ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love seeing your drawn and stitched reflections of your peaceful corner in the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much like both your butterfly concertina book and the meditation square. Yesterday I saw two swallowtail butterflies in our yard and the first dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The concertina form is a lovely way to watch the butterflies move though the landscape..and that meditation blue square is a gorgeous thing. Go well.

    ReplyDelete