Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 6 March 2020

Fox embroidery.

 We have been getting lovely videos of a fox at the top of the garden on our wildlife camera. All black and white of course at night but wonderful to know that he or she passes through regularly along with other wildlife ( some of which I am keeping quiet) Si istarted this piece mid Jan and finished it this week.
 Here are so close ups and the whole thing. It is not a large piece but lots of texture and landscape to fit a fox on the prowl.
 My theme for the exhibition at Rodmarton in Sept is 'The Lie of the Land'  so I am thinking and working towards that. Hoping in these worrying times that you are all well. I am taking part in Meet the Maker over on Instagram if you want to see and learn more about my practise.


10 comments:

  1. This may be my favorite so far. Love Mr. Fox but putting him in a scene really makes it come alive. I can almost see him pattering through your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Beth. I am rather fond of him myself!

      Delete
  2. your stitching is so alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh I LOVE foxes, Louise !!!
    The soft green and your stitches are so special !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Els. Our wildlife night camera has shown that we have a fox visiting the top of our garden regularly. So exciting to know.

      Delete
  4. I love the textural variation and, of course, the intrepid fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am very lucky to live in the country and see these lovely creatures.

      Delete
  5. Hi Louise,
    I follow you on Instagram too. Thought you may be interested to know that I was having a long overdue sort out and found two UFO's. I shall finish them soon. They were designed by you for, I think, Stitch Magazine, some years ago. They are 'Little Shell Samplers". Looking at the article, I just may make a few of them to make into cards - or mount four together. Thank you for a delightful little, but challenging project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely and thank you so much for that. I will make a post tomorrow on Instagram about that project, it might inspire someone else. Do post your reults and tag me in so I can see.Take care x

      Delete