Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Thursday 14 March 2019

winter field book finished and a new piece begun.

 The winter field book is finished ( I think.)
 As it is long these two photos show the front pages
 and the back pages.
 This is the beginning of a new slow stitch piece with threads. It is a map of the enormous field from above with a further field behind. The red stitching shows the original pack horse path, still a bridleway and official footpath. There is going to be lots of stitching on this for crop lines, unofficial paths and hedges. It is 3 layers of soft fabric - grey linen and tablecloth underneath all secondhand and well washed so delicious to stitch in its softness.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be a pleasure to watch this unfold! I love the heap of soft grey threads waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book came out so well. I love commemorative works. Every time I look at it, I am right back "then" remembering the events and art making. I'm looking forward to your new piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the stitched sticks on the last page of your winter book and seeing the beginnings of the new fieldwork

    ReplyDelete