Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Spots and stripes.

 Last week I found a scrap of tape with spots on that I love and have used every inch of in the past and not seen again in the shops. So I made a card with a guinea fowl feather with a spotty theme. This week, lo and behold I found some striped red legged partridge feathers so am in the process of making a companion card.
 Also working on the field map piece slowly. Herringbone stitch is hedge, long running stitch -road.

7 comments:

  1. I have always been mesmerized by guinea fowl feathers. I love the companion piece as well. What great fun and your field is really coming along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing aren't they? Thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. your feather cards are a delight, I kept guinea fowl half a lifetime ago, they would often lose their babies in the garden and I would spend hours helping find them, they were the size of peanuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collected these when we stayed on a farm one holiday. Perhaps the birds are dotty in nature as in feather?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. I love the cards so much - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete