Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Thursday 14 November 2019

Knitted squares blanket.

 I have been knitting this for months and months. I used up all my oddments of 4 ply, left over from knitting mittens and an odd pair of socks. I bought a few extra balls and luckily found a stash in a charity shop. It is a mitred square pattern where you pick up stitches from the previous square so no tedious stitching together of patches. You decrease down the middle of the row. Difficult to explain but plenty of instructions on u-tube etc. It is so comforting to knit.
I will use it as a studio blanket over my knees or round my shoulders on those chilly days. Like today. Woke up to snow! Very early for snow here. Turned very slushy now. We Brits love to talk about our weather. How can anyone deny climate change? As Beth would say-'don't get me started'

6 comments:

  1. LOL. Yes. We had the "hottest" or "coldest" of temps this year. Love your knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks a fun (if lengthy) project and the colours are so cheerful on a chilly day like this one. The pattern is new to me. I will store it away for a time when knitting takes my fancy again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Beth! As you have snow and we have bushfires beyond belief... That aside, great blanket - fun and practical and beautiful; great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, YES, the fun part with this kind of knitting is that you have soooo little stitches on your needles (for a whole) blanket !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye it makes it very easy and no sewing up of squares at the end!

      Delete