Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 2 May 2018

Beginnings.

 I didn't get to the opening last Saturday. I have had a week of tiredness, muscle pain and general unwellness. ( no such word but you know what I mean) But that seems to be going and these things ebb and flow. Cold weather again doesn't help but worrying about it certainly doesn't. So best to relax into it, accept and take pleasure in small things. We hope to visit the ex soon and then there will be photographs.  SO moving on ........ I am putting some old bias binding around the edge of my pennant for Mo's project- Mending this broken world - see Mo Crows blog on my side bar if you don't know about it.
 Here is my strip of wedding dress spread out on my work desk. Tidy for me believe it or not! My new sketchbook in brown made by Ursula Jeakins from the Glos Guild of Craftsmen.
 It was glorious yesterday and my friend Helen,  Haggis and I walked Roundabout lane spotting wild flowers. We saw 3 different types of butterfly ( peacock, orange-tip and tortoiseshell) lots of wild flowers and swallows around the Farm barns. This is ground ivy ( inside that new sketchbook) - I draw in the hope to remember and learn names. The flowers are a deep purple blue. Small and common but perfectly beautiful.
Lastly, large and perfectly glorious a cherry tree at Westonbirt Aboretum. A Japanese visitor was seen bowing to this tree. I think we should all do the same.

2 comments:

  1. deep bow to this magnificent cherry, your beautiful observations and tender binding of the edge mending the sky!

    ReplyDelete