Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 24 January 2018

Winter quilt finished!

 When you finish a piece you see the things you did wrong and would change another time but overall I like this cloth that has taken years to work on and has lots of myself stitched into it.
 Black tailed godwit
 and avocet from Slimbridge WWT bird watching days
and small bird you have to hunt to find. Lots of different textures from machine embroidery and hand stitching . Aprox 45 cm square. It will be my largest piece at the Newark Park exhibition in March.

4 comments:

  1. There is something, many things actually, in this piece that resonate with me, but I especially appreciated your observation about seeing what you "did wrong and would change another time" ... it made me pause and reflect that I'm usually dissatisfied with pieces at the time they are finished, but when I look at blog posts about them months or years later, I'm often pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope so! I agree though that distance helps and hope that the work stands up alone. It is a sort of letting go and sending it out into the world.

      Delete
  2. I love this meditation on the quiet colours of winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Of necessity I now am working on an opposite so interesting to go from one to the other.

      Delete