Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Redwing in progress.

 My next bird is a redwing. Painted onto calico that already had some splodges of colour on because it is the back of a painting that wasn't successful.
 I put on some twigs with machine embroidery. Lots here to hand stitch.
 The redwings ( and fieldfares) come over here for the milder Winters and the berries.
 We see them passing overhead this time of the year and in mixed flocks in the fields, very occasionally in the garden on the fallen apples I put out. Not very many apples this year, I dare not tell the blackbirds. Last year we had enough stored to last all Winter. Well I can always buy them some.
This is a new printing block that I bought in May and have only just tried out. I love the pattern, so simple and so effective. I bought because it reminded me of the gate posts at Newark Park. I have printed a long strip to stitch as a quiet meditation piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment