Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Autumn book.

 Overheard Monday morning. ' Someone seems to have switched on Autumn.' It is colder, darker in the morning and the trees are changing colour. So I have started a new Autumn book. ( Although I still have the summer one to finish) I do like sparrows they are constant visitors at the bird cafe and on holiday I took pictures of a huge flock in a hedgerow by the sea.
 Yesterday on a walk; these crab apples underfoot,
 these collected to draw.
This is a button curtain I made in 2003 that I have had to say goodbye to. It was 2 pieces of silk chiffon machined together in a grid and I popped white buttons in every other square. I made it for an exhibition called Darn, hence the idea of warp and weft and some darning embroidery. I made tassels of buttons using soluble fabric for spots. It has hung in our window since the exhibition and gone yellow and got holes in. So now it has to go but I will save the buttons and the tassels.

2 comments:

  1. sparrows are so rare here in Sydney these days, I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes rare in the cities and surburbia here too but we are lucky, they nest in the eaves of our house and next door.

      Delete