Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Thursday 18 May 2017

Exhibition preparations.

 This week I am making cards for the exhibition of the Glos. Guild of Craftsmen in Tetbury -May 31st- June 11th. I sell my handmade cards and photocards in the hope that I cover my exhibiting costs at least. If I sell a picture then that covers my framing costs and anything more is a bonus! Who knows with exhibitions- you could sell nothing or everything. I don't like exhibition preparations, I get nervous.
 I will be demonstrating, well working at the exhibition on 2 days - June 3rd and June 9th. So I thought I would show stages a piece might go through. These 2 above are collaged fabric and paper at the first stage. The coloured pieces are previous experiments. I have taken various fabrics- silk, linen, lace, calico and papers and with a watered down  PVA glue stuck them together (top right) or bonded layers together with Bondaweb( bottom sample)
 Then I machined over areas to hold the layers together
and painted with silk dyes for an overall wash of colour.  Surprisingly the glued one is softer than the bonded one. My plan is to have some pieces at different stages to show progress and be working on some in the exhibition. Hope you might pop in and see my work if you are local. Always come and say Hello if you follow my blog, I will be delighted. For those a long way away I will show developments as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment