Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Saturday 13 August 2016

Rose-hip and seed pods ( whilst listening to Radio 4.)


I have been working on these pages and listening to Radio 4. Funny how when you stitch something and listen to the radio, when you pick up the piece again you remember the story or programme - like it's left an imprint in the brain. On the left top side I was listening to David Hockney talking about making portraits- he can still stand up for 6 hours a day to paint, he is energized by his project. The bottom half on the left I was listening to a programme about dance which made me think about how these seeds have to dance in the wind to spread their seed- that gave me the idea to make the rose-hip dance with movement. ( Both great programmes) So this page has the calm, static poppy head and the energetic rose-hip and thistledown.

No comments:

Post a Comment