Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Tuesday 5 July 2016

I was at Newark Park most of the weekend. Very busy with visitors- all weathers. I re-hung one of my outside feathers. It had twisted round and round on its wire so I've put the two together - that wall doesn't seem to catch the wind so much. The pieces have been beaten by wind, rain and sunshine but they survive. Not quite so pristine, a little grubby and wrinkled but then aren't we all?
 I needed some stitching to do whilst stewarding so I've started some patchwork to make a bag for myself. I can stitch squares and chat to visitors. (Plus some people watching) Besides the blue and white Indian block prints were so delicious I could not resist buying some from my local fabric shop.
This is the next seabird piece, painted felt and choosing threads, I am working on this today in the studio. I do need to think and contemplate while I work on this. My framer said that the textile people were all warm, soft people like their work and he imagined their studios very calm, peaceful places. Interesting the way people see us. There is a meditative side to the work but some angst and frustration when a piece doesn't work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment