Spring swallow- work in progress- free machine embroidery.
At the end of Thursday- afternoon spent stitching. I thought it might be interesting to show some of the thought process. I have tried running stitch on the background all over but it was way too much.
The blossom was drawn onto a handmade paper ( shop bought and containing cloth fibre) then some
free machine embroidery over some areas to add a little texture and secure the linen.
Trying some hand stitches to integrate with the machine embroidery. I want to suggest bluebells and flowers amongst foliage without getting too busy and detracting from the main focus of the bird, blossom and daisy- a strong triangular design structure. I used a grey linen that was a pair of my trousers so I like the idea of darning into the cloth, but it all may be too much. Just got to keep on, decisions at every turn.
Bluebells gone wild at the top of our garden. Little pools of colour.