Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Inside out envelopes

More inside out envelopes. Glorious day out at Slimbridge last Friday. The sunshine made sightings crystal clear.We saw a heron, Bewick swans, cranes, marsh harrier and of course lots of ducks- this is a tufted duck, easy to identify! Lovely to watch them close up and in the warm in the Peng observatory.
You can get close up to the resident birds- this avocet even had a walk about on the visitor side of the railing making it very easy for me to photograph. I can now work from the pictures I took.
I haven't seen a hare for some years around our lanes, I'm afraid this one was from a card in the gift shop for a birthday present. More likely in the Spring, when I have seen them boxing in the fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment