Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Thursday 6 November 2014

Arts & Crafts Workshop

All this week I have been preparing for the workshop in Cheltenham tomorrow. Today I am packing for it, typing notes and cutting fabric. This work has taken me out of my usual style of embroidery and has been very interesting, reminding me of those City and Guilds days of study when we had to design, trace and make repeat patterns. I had to sit a written exam where we had to answer questions and make designs off the top of our heads. A typical question might be - design a quilt for a teenager using the pages of designs you previously prepared and brought in with you. On my exam day it was so hot in the classroom my water soluble crayons melted! I think I did too with exam nerves. Well that memory makes me appreciate a nice,quiet day packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment