Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Last week of exhibition.

It's the last week of the Newark Park exhibition (National Trust house, Ozleworth. GL12 7PZ). It will be open 11-5 from Weds to Sunday- 23rd-27th July. Rosemary and I will be there on Sunday, the final day, to talk about the work and sales can be taken away that day. Come and look at Rosemarys jewellery, talk to her about how she makes it and look at her sketchbooks to show how she found the inspiration for the textures in the Park.
This is the largest exhibition of my work for a very long time. There are 16 pictures and 5 sketchbooks on display. About 18 months of work for me. Everyone always wants to know how long a piece takes and that's a hard one to answer as they are so different and I work on several at a time but my output is about one a month, with the research and drawing that goes with the work. This picture is called Buzzards over the Woods. It is hard to photograph because it is long and narrow. I saw the buzzards in a gap in the trees overhead as I walked down the carriage drive on one visit. The background is taken from a sampler in the swan bedroom.
On Monday we will dismantle the exhibition and then collapse in a heap to recover!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed skimming through your blogs, mainly looking at pictures. Your process comes through and is similar to mine, although I carry more ideas in my head, rather than drawing them out. I'm primarily a cloth doll maker, but also quilt, bead and embroider. Can't knit or crochet as all I get is wavy and don't have the patience to bother to learn to do it well. Also taking college classes to get an art degree, so I'm forced to work with other mediums. Interesting, but I keep coming back to fabric. All the best, Donna Ashley

    ReplyDelete