Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Sunday 14 June 2020

Tiny lockdown artists books.

 I have a new project underway making little books of lockdown. I started making tiny patches some square - more abstract and some rectangular - more about landscape and local walks. So my original thought of one little book became 2 books.
 The red dotted lines is the walking line. Daily walks are so valuable in lockdown especially at first when that was all we were allowed to do.
 I have always based my artwork on what I see everyday but now more thankful than ever to live in beautiful countryside and observe the daily changes in Nature.
 Lockdown throws up so many emotions. Worry, anger, frustration, sadness and calm, quiet days. Not all bad. The peacefulness of no cars and planes has been glorious. seeing friends again I am observing more emotions from them. My life isn't that different, but other gregarious people have found it much harder.
 The little books will have 8 patches in each and maps behind some. I have ideas for the covers.
 I'm not sticking them in yet until I have them all made and the ideas all developed.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and it reminds me of the luggage tags I did work on while undergoing chemo. They were small and about all I could handle yet a wonderful creative outlet!!. Just love this wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete