Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 19 July 2019

New carpet and re-living old pieces of work.

 I am having such a sort out and chuck out! The room is painted and the new carpet went down. I have been through all my books - more for the charity shop - Alan is refitting the book shelves. I have been through so many files of old teaching notes and even my City and Guild Embroidery Files (I studied part one and two from 1986-1991) So it has been a trip down memory lane. This is a quilt I made in 1991 when I got glandular fever that led to my M.E. I couldn't do anything except sit in bed and stitch a bit. I could never sell it because it holds that memory. You can do something despite the odds. (The see-saw was well and truly down Fiona)

 It is painted silk with wax resist and all hand stitched kantha style.
I also found the artwork that began the piece. Still lots more sorting out to do.

8 comments:

  1. The story behind the quilt!! I had to google glandular fever. We call it Mono. Bad stuff. However the kantha stitched quilt is really lovely. The "Purging Faerie" has been busy at your home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes no getting away from it, it did change my life. Yes still with the purge, unbelieable difference in my room. Thanks for your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. That quilt must hold so much memory Louise, and it is such lovely thing in and of itself. Ahh, yes, that see saw; smacked hard into the dirt underneath at the time. Do you find cleaning out and shedding makes you feel lighter? I love a good going through of things! Go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes one of my lowest points. Clearing out is amazing and quite exhausting but oh the extra space is so lovely.

      Delete
  3. (((Louise))) love this mending of your spirit through a very tough time

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room is looking so spiff and bright. The quilt is a treasure and so full of memories for you.

    ReplyDelete