Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 8 March 2019

Winter Field Book Covers.

 As it has been so Spring like (back to Winter now though) I thought I should push on and finish the Winter Book. Here are the covers. This one on the front is a mini version of a larger piece I sold last year that started off this whole body of work. I was experimenting with loop stitches, which I hope to continue with, and thinking about the walks around the Enormous Field. You can spot the gates into the field (top right and top left) Bottom left there is a small tunnel in the hedge that all the walkers use. A desire path i.e. not an official footpath but one that people have created (see Robert McFarlane books for these useful landscape words)
 The other side has a tiny landscape on a scrap of indigo dyed fabric. This is the Lost Hedge in the enormous field. More about that to come in the future. I am aiming for 10 pieces to go to the Quennington exhbition but will continue with this theme of documenting our nearby fields.
I made the tie with a blue scarab beetle and a glass leaf - now I have to put it altogether.

8 comments:

  1. Really lovely! Looking forward ti the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth, it is all glued together now.

      Delete
  2. love your reflections on the quiet beauty of winter

    ReplyDelete
  3. so in love with this tiny winter landscape !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this work especially inspiring as well as pleasing. The loop stitches are particularly intriguing. Beautiful! Stephanie in Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stephanie, I want to explore some more loop stitches but it will have to be when this body of work for my next exhibition is finished. Then maybe a sampler to explore the idea.

    ReplyDelete