Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Friday 1 March 2019

I am field.

 I thought this piece was finished but it wasn't until this morning. I often have words in my mind when I am working on a piece, sometimes I write them down in my sketchbook. I decided to be brave and write them around the field.
 I am field.
My heart is old.
I have been beneath the sea.
Seen countless trees come and go.
Weathered and witnessed seasons,
Turning,spinning, cycles of change.
 But I am unchanged.
Plough, seed and harvest.
I am field.

There were a few more lines in my poem but I made it join up - well like a cycle of seasons I guess. Beth said it is a fence of words around the field.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely and delicate and the words definitely add something important - and enclose the piece like a fence (Beth is right)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you think they add to the piece.

      Delete
  2. I, too, often have words in my mind as I stitch ... the use of your poetic vision to finish this piece is exceptional

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Grace, rather like exposing your soul, putting your own poetry out there into the world. Lovely to have other people share it and like it.

      Delete
  4. love Beth's "it is a fence of words around the field" purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to have feedback and people seeing the work in different ways. A real portion of joy.

      Delete
  5. Lovely poem and it really makes this piece special!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth - everyone has liked your fence of words comment!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, the piece was precious as it was, but it feels magnified in its beauty with the words. Enclosing it in a way, enfolding it, embracing it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona- sometimes you have to take a risk!

      Delete