Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Tuesday 19 February 2019

February embroidery- finished.

 This one is a partner for the January landscape embroidery. (link on the labels below if you want to see Jan) I started this landscape wanting to keep it light and minimal but it didn't come together until I thoroughly stitched the grasses on the bank. It is the bank at the top of our garden which is completely overgrown now and a wildlife area. There are snowdrops and daffodils on the bank and a path to the field at the top. There are a lot more trees, shrubs and brambles on it at the moment and it needs some work (all in planning stage) before it smothers all the wild flowers out. When we bought this house, forty years ago, this bank was all primroses at Easter time.
 Feb started with snow for us but now it is milder and lighter- this morning the birds were singing early! We have a few early daffodils too.

4 comments:

  1. I know I commented on Instagram but now that I see a closeup of the grasses I have to comment again. I really like this dense stitching and color change and the subtle path. Lots of interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth for commenting again, I am really glad you like it. It developed a lot throughout the stitching and was very different from my initial thoughts, but i am pleased with how it finished up!

      Delete
  2. love the sense of depth you have created to wander & wonder in the winter morning mist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To wander and wonder is a beautiful thing to do.

      Delete