Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Monday 31 December 2018

New Year and making a perpetual journal.

 Well the last day of the year and I am making a perpetual journal for 2019. I was inspired by Lara Gastinger on Instagram. The idea is to date pages in a sketchbook a week at a time and draw when you can. There is no pressure because if you don't draw you can get to that page next year or the year after. So I have cut some pages ready to begin. i am making my own book so I can choose good quality paper and different papers. I will bind them when I get round to making a cover. I only need a first signature ( that's a few pages stitched together at the back)  I am not an expert book binder but am happy with the home made cobbled together versions I make.
I do like these in between days of Christmas and New Year. We just relax, take walks and do a jig-saw. I have a grand tidy up of my desk ready for the New Year. This is a picture of Avening Brook. That brook once powered mills in our valley to make wool into cloth. The Cotswolds were famous for their sheep and wool mills. I live in a very beautiful part of the world and for that I am deeply grateful.

4 comments:

  1. the place names in your part of the world are magical ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes take Stow-on-the-Wold, Wooton-under-Edge and Moreton-in-the-Marsh for a few examples!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Louise. The Cotswalds are beautiful and I loved seeing sheep everywhere dotting the landscape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Beth! I am also fond of a few sheep dotting the landscape.

      Delete