Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Rose Bay Willow Herb - in stitch.

We have been away visiting family and we have had internet troubles too. So this is the third of those sketchbook diary pieces. August 7th 2018. We walked along the green lane and came out on the road to a huge patch of rose bay willow herb. The sky was bright blue and the flowers bright pink, what a contrast. It is a mixture of hand and machine stitching.

This is my walking stitch, a theme that will be coming up in my next series of work but now it is eyes down getting ready for the Rodmarton Manor exhibition next week.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! We saw so much rosebay willow herb in Aberdeenshire recently. It is always such a pleasure to see in the hedgerows and I especially enjoy its autumn colours in October.

    We’re coming to Rodmarton on the Saturday. Will we see this or indeed you? I hope so. O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be there on Sat stewarding, unless on a lunch break. I don't know if this will be there because the Guild approach is if things sell they are taken away. However there will be lots of things to see and I have replacement pictures if pictures sell. This is an unframed piece and will be with the cards. Look forward to seeing you.

      Delete