Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Monday 23 July 2018

Butterflies

 Now is the time to do the big butterfly count for the Butterfly Conservation. I managed to snap this beauty on the Common- its a common blue.
 I get out the butterfly notebook I made years back and try to remember all the names and food plants.
 It is a very good year and we had a bumper count in the garden yesterday. ( trying not to stand too long in the sun because it was a scorcher!)
Some of my previous work on butterflies on vintage napkins.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such a beautiful celebration of a post, your work is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo- will put on some more pictures of butterfly work- you are very encouraging.

      Delete
  2. These are all so beautiful - and to me previously unseen. What a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret, the blue butterfly napkin will go to Rodmarton ex in Sept.

      Delete
  3. I love how the underwings of the Common Blue seem to echo the colors and forms in your blog header image.

    And I count myself fortunate that some of your butterfly artistry overlooks my own stitching nest.

    ReplyDelete