Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Thursday 5 May 2016

What am I trying to say?

Trying to finish this hanging yesterday and today- struggling to get it to hang straight- well it is not completely straight so never mind. Meanwhile to think about my artists statement. What am I trying to say? I think it is the artists work to say-" ahem, excuse me,you who are rushing round with your busy lives, just stop a while and consider this- observe something beautiful.... or something ugly,  think about this, question and open your mind too. Take a moment." I call these moments -time to stop and stare moments ( from the poem by W.H.Davies) I think they are the important moments of life and revitalise  the soul. Well they do for me. My feathers have been a rediscovery for me of something ordinary that is in fact extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment