Hedgerow harvest

Hedgerow harvest

Saturday 28 May 2016

Walnut leaf.

As part of the exhibition we are making a tree trail, highlighting some of the more unusual trees in the grounds with some information and hangings. There will be a sheet for children (and adults!) to fill in leaf shapes and they will get a badge if they complete it. This is my first leaf. The walnut- I couldn't get much writing around the outside as I had hoped, I really wanted to say that walnut dye is made from the green husks but that will be on the info laminated label. Liz Hewitt is making the bulk of these tree hangings. I am making three. Carla's mushroom trail was so successful last year at Nature in Art we wanted to make a fun but educational trail again. My husband is an arboriculturist so trees have always been important in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment